Sunday, March 4, 2012

Project Life: Week Nine



Week NINE! This week I was feeling more creative than I have felt with any week thus far, especially with adding things to the 3x 4 pockets. You may be able to see that I added captions to the photos in a variety of ways this week by stapling a bit of a journal card to the photo, adding a label, or writing on the photo itself by hand or in Photoshop before printing. I love the way it all looks together.


I randomly got the idea in my head that I wanted to do a 'Day in the Life' for myself on Wednesday. I wanted to document what I did on Leap Day. So, with the use of my notebook and iPhone, I kept track of times and activities, and I took pictures along the way using Instagram. I mean, it was a pretty average day, but I think that will be really neat to look back on later in life, ya know?

I typed up the schedule of my day on two separate 4x6 canvases in Photoshop. Then, I sized all of the Instagram photos I wanted to use to 2x2 and added those to a third 4x6 canvas. After printing (and rounding the corners, of course), I stuck all of these into an additional insert with three 4x6 photo pockets. It was pretty simple, and I like the way it came out!


Initially, I wasn't sure what to do with the back of my 'Day in the Life' insert, and I was even thinking of just leaving it empty... Until I saw findingnana (as I know her on Instagram) use Instagram photos for a sort of monthly round up, which I loved! So I went through my iPhone and chose 15 of my favorite photos from the month of February and used the same technique as I describe above to arrange them on three 4x6 canvases, leaving room on the first one for a title of sorts. So happy I did this rather than leave the pockets empty!


I stapled a tab from Smash just to add a little detail to the insert. Man, do I want one of those tiny attachers I see everyone using! Haha.


When we had lunch at Chipotle on Saturday, I grabbed one of their little menus, knowing that I would want to use it somehow for Project Life! I was just going to fold it and stick it in the pocket when I got the idea to circle and label our 'usual'. Just an extra little detail to look back on.

So there we have it! Week nine. This project is really such fun for me! It is already an awesome feeling to look back and see how much of our everyday lives is recorded, and I honestly never would be doing it without Project Life!

Want to try Project Life for yourself? You can find out more info here!

0 comments:

.