Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A failed attempt at bread making...

Today, I attempted to make bread. Just plain old white bread, nothing too exciting. The only other kinds of bread I have made before are zucchini + banana bread, so that hardly counts.

Everything was going well... I was kneading, dough was rising, and I was feeling like a happy housewife at this point! Until I put the bread in the oven. Our oven tends to get very hot as it is small + electric, so I am already used to dialing down the temperature. Well, 30 minutes later, the bread still came out burnt on the outside + not quite done on the inside. I felt so upset + discouraged!

Then, when I told Mimi the story, she told me about her failed attempt at making nut rolls so many years ago. I felt a bit better... And now I know why she always buys them and doesn't make them herself! =)

I'm not going to let this throw me off, though. Live + learn (to lower the oven temp even more... Haha!)

0 comments:

.